Friday, July 13, 2012

Unalakleet

Well, I saw the infamous airport where the show on Discovery channel took off today. It looks very similar to the town they shoe on the TV. Jim Tweeto's Cessna 180 was parked over by their hangar. Must not have been flying today. Our hangar is about 300 yards down from the ERA hangar. I took a few pictures on my phone and I will post them on here for everyone to see. It is a very mountainous region. I thought it would be really flat but as we got lower it got very hilly. It looks like great hunting and fishing area. Very beautiful day today there. The captain and I had to unload 7,300 pounds of food and mail because our contractor out there couldn't muster up more than two rampers. Penair corporate is pissed because now the captains back is hurt and we pay them top dollar to unload us in Unalakleet. So we will see what happens. I have to go back to King Salmon tonight at 9:30pm. All the touruist in King are going home now so we will be flying to King pretty non-stop for about two weeks till they are all home. Lots of flying this month for me. Not getting a lot of time off. Next month though I have 13 days off. Im excited to finally get some vacation!



No comments:

Post a Comment