Friday, July 27, 2012

B Season Coming to a Close

It has been a very busy month here in Anchorage. I originally was scheduled to fly SHELL charters. As most of you may know the oil companyn SHELL has recently decided to drill here in the Arctic. They chose our airline as one of its charters companies to fly them to and from Dutch Harbor. Usually it is twice a day with two different crews. Unfortunitaly I was told that I needed 1000 total hours in order to qualify for SHELL. This wasn't a company restriction. It was soley SHELLS idea. So this entire month has turned into me doing whatever was left. I have gone to King Salmon and Dillingham a ton this month. It has been crazy. I was also able to do some freighters earlier in the month to Unalakleet, Dillingham, and St. Paul and St. George Islands. It was really fun to get to fly the freighters because you really can toss the aircraft around and not worry about passengers in the back. As a pilot you definitely learn a lot from being able to just fly and not wprry about people vomiting and getting pissed in the back. Recently we recieved an email from corporate informing us the Penair is enacting a hiring freeze and will not be giving any raises until March of 2013. Which as many of you may know I was slated to get a 2 dollar raise for flight hours and a 200 dollar raise for my base pay. I was really looking forward to it because it would help out A LOT! So I have applied at the Brown Jug Liquor store and FEDEX to make extra money. I am hoping I can get one that is super flexible so I can come and go as much as I want. Alex and I have also got two bikes off of craigslist to start exercising all over town. We have been riding a lot and it has been going well. Today I am sitting at home waiting to go to St Paul and St. George. The weather has been really bad all day. We were supposed to takeoff at 1145 this morning. So we will see. I am scheduled to fly to Dillingham tonight at 9pm. Hopefully that will be all I do today. I am trying to go to Arctic Thunder tomorrow. Its a major flight sho at Elmendorf Airforce Base. The Thunderbirds have been training for it for the last few days here and been able to see them on our bike rides. Hopefully I can get tomorrow off and go see them. Alex is leaving tonight for Seattle. I leave next thursday for a good friends wedding in Seattle. I will be there until the 5th. We have got Dozer all set up to stay at a Dog kennel in Anchorage. We shopped around a lot and this place is amazing. Its called AK Must Love Dogs. Anyone curious to check it out? http://www.akmustlovedogs.com/ Here's the link. Anyways, Hopfully we will see everyone soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment