Wednesday, October 19, 2011

96% Top of the class

Finished ground training today. Scored the highest in class. 96%! I will be the most senior out of anyone in our new hire class. So that means when it comes time to upgrade into the bigger airplane I will be chose first. I can not be happier with my accomplishment. I achieved what I set out to do. Simulator training starts tomorrow afternoon. I am paired with a captain from cold bay, Alaska. His name is Eric. Really nice guy. Retired military and has already told me about his sailboat. Look forward to flying with him for the next 5 days. Gonna be exciting. The simulator is at Merrill field. It's in the university of Alaska's aviation training building. It is a full motion simulator. That will be a first for me. Anyways, weather is great here. It's about 40 degrees for the high and 34 for the low. Not too bad but winter is definitely setting in here in anchorage. I like the cold. Very refreshing. I need to start wearing shorts and a tee shirt to train myself for out in the bush were it can sometimes be 30 below zero. Pretty intense but I have the carhart arctic gear. Should be just fine. Well, keep reading and I will write when I can.

Cheers

1 comment: