Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Anchorage October 5th 2011

I'm all settled here in anchorage, Alaska. Arrived at 10:30am this morning. It was a great flight and was pretty quick. I met a 25 year old guy named nick on the plane. He was really nervous about flying and immediately struck up a conversation with me as he was sitting next to me. We talked about everything for college to flying and beyond. He was a really nice guy and gave me his number if I wanted to see around anchorage. His uncle is a guide out here in anchorage for hunting and he thought his uncle would like me to go hunting with him at some point. I think I might check it out. Anyways, Rob and Lindsey live in a nice apartment building in south anchorage. They have been very gracious and welcoming. I can not thank them both enough. I went to Costco and Fred Meyer for my stock of food for the next month. Got all the essentials; bagel bits, trail mix, DILLA fixings, and some water. Prices are a couple bucks more expensive but its not too bad. Ground school starts tomorrow morning and I am excited for it. Should be fun. I got my room all set up as well. Nice air mattress and actual sheets. Got some coats hung up and everything laid out. It looks like my stay in anchorage is JUST getting started. Shall be fun. See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment